Tuesday, May 29, 2012

two accounts of sleep paralysis

Originally to be posted 7/9/2011

1. Wednesday morning.
I couldn't fall asleep until after 6, and I had a doctor's appointment at 9, so I only slept for about 2 hours. When I arrived back home, I fell asleep on the couch after a while of Internet surfing. And I stayed there, unmoving, for about 4 hours.
I'm not sure how long this played out, but I semi-woke up in the middle of my nap and realized my body was tingling. My legs were hanging off of the couch as if I was half-sitting, and my back felt very uncomfortable, like I was bent the wrong way. I closed my eyes again even though they were barely open. When I squinted again, I saw Anjel walking around me to pick up her guitar and leave again.
When I actually woke up, I'd never moved from my spot, and the guitar was still there. I don't think Anjel was home. My back felt fine, but I distinctly remembered the feeling I had before, as if it was real.


2. Last night.
I heard a secret. I don't remember what it was, anymore, but I was in that almost-dead state when I heard a full-on conversation in my head. It wasn't me making it up (but of course it was) -- it just flowed, and I could tell there was some other part of me that was merely eavesdropping.
Can you imagine that, trying to figure out what you're simultaneously making up?
There were two people in the conversation, a man and... maybe another man, or a woman. I can't remember.
The first line of the conversation was the secret itself. Something I wasn't supposed to hear. The second speaker noticed I was there and said, "Don't talk about it."
1: What, you mean the _____ --
2: I said, Shh. She's listening. H.
1: B.
They went on to say a series of words and letters I didn't know or wasn't sure of.

No comments:

Post a Comment