Saturday, March 20, 2010

Another Goal

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/05/communist-gothic.html

I randomly found this a few minutes ago. I wonder if the writer means that Yakov literally dreamt these up, like how I dream up things.
I've always wondered what architects come up with at night -- what anything looks like in their head.
I can't say that the buildings I dream of look exactly like these, but they're not too different in terms of how detailed and intricate they are. They are also, many times, massive/grand, and made of such beautiful material.
I think I should try to do something similar this summer. I need to practice sketching from memory so that I can give you pictures of what I see.
And then next would be watercoloring or some other medium like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment