Friday, December 11, 2009

It was just a dream.

Me: So I dreamt a lot of things last night.
Matt: Tell me.
Me: You were in all of them. I think this was the first time you and "Alex" were the same character.
Matt: Aww.

Me:
I dreamt I was in a new place. My mind was making it up as I went along: it was like things were going from 2D to 3D. At one point, I was looking down from an aerial view: I saw this desert. It was dark orange. But instead of the ground being flat, it had a lot of high and low points. I could see all this erosion that'd happened, like when you see pictures of tall, skinny rocks with a boulder on top, or something. Or a canyon formed by a river that doesn't exist anymore.... And I could see all these shades and tints of orange and red falling over the surface of the rock as I moved lower to the ground. I looked around me and saw you standing next to me.
When I looked up, I saw that this big boulder was falling from high above. So you pulled me out of the way.
And when I got up from fallng over...
we were in another setting. There was this neighborhood that we were in. It was like the ghetto...sort of. Worn, with faded murals on all these walls and underpasses.
I had some paint with me. It was as if I was the one who painted all those murals. And I was back to fix them.
But I didn't have enough paint. I ran out of pink (I thought it was red-orange until I covered part of the wall with it), so you took me to this dollar store. . . . ...It was the nicest dollar store I'd ever been to, haha. It had real quality stuff...
Including some interesting mugs that felt like they were made out of some filtering paper. They were flexible, too (you thought they were weird).
I went over to see what was on the other side of one stand -- it was right next to a railing that I could lean over to see what was below (more merchandise); in the meantime, you went to go find an employee who could tell you where to find blue paint (but I didn't need blue, I needed red-orange).
So I was by the railing leaning over to see what was on the other side of the stand...and this guy comes over, older than you....
He decides he wants to see what's on the other side of the stand, as well. He comes up behind me, and puts his arm around my waist.
And then I think, "Okay. I'm done here."
I try to leave, but he has a hold on me.
Then you come over and he lets go.

Matt: Damn right.

Me:
You took me beside you, and we left while his wife came back from wandering around the store..... And I see him put his arm around her waist the same way he did to me. I felt so violated, so you just held me close while we walked.
We left without getting any paint. I started talking about our son, then. I don't remember what brought it up, or what I said.... But I had something t do. I had to feed him, I think. We had to go back home.
I was talking with some girls who left the store at the same time we did. When I turned to my left to see you, I saw that you were leaning over something.

So I looked around and saw that you were struggling with duct tape....

And something was moving beneath your hands.


Matt: :(


Me:
So I pushed your hands away and saw that you put tape over his mouth and nose. And you had a box ready that you were going to seal with more tape. So I took back our baby, took off the tape,

and tried to comfort him.

I felt so paranoid about trusting anyone anymore.
And I started wondering if you were the same Matthew/Alex that I knew, because something was very wrong about that (obviously) -- you didn't seem the same.
You were so different, I was convinced that you were switched with someone else.

And then I woke up.


Matt: Wow.
Me: So what does it mean?
Matt: I have no idea. . . ......It was just a dream.
Me: I've never had a dream where things change so quickly. It was so unexpected. ...I think there was more, but it might be blending with dreams from the past nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment